Have you signed up for the CSEP exam yet? Why not?!
Click here to start the process today! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
What is Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP)?
The CSEP designation is the hallmark of professional achievement in the special events industry. It is earned through education, performance, experience, and service to the industry, and reflects a commitment to professional conduct and ethics.
The CSEP designation is awarded by the International Live Events Association (ILEA) and its Certification Committee. ILEA is the only international umbrella organization representing professionals in all disciplines of the special events industry. Education and a commitment to professionalism are cornerstones of ILEA.
Established in 1993, the CSEP program was developed to increase the recognition of professional growth and identify professionals who have demonstrated proficiency in the all components of the special events industry
- Foster enlightened performance through education while promoting ethical conduct and increasing industry standards
- Increase professionalism of practitioners in all sectors of the events industry;
- Increase of proficiency in the principles and practices of the special events industry
- Acknowledge the high caliber work of CSEPs and the value of product and services they provide specialized skills
Why Should I Be Certified?
The CSEP continues a remarkable progression as world wide recognition of the special event industry continues to develop. Now more than ever before, professionals within this industry recognize the CSEP as an influential designation for education and the promotion of professional ethics and standards. Being a recipient of the CSEP demonstrates a continuous dedication to enhance individual and professional performance.
The special events industry has experienced phenomenal growth over the past several years and is changing at an even faster pace. Today, special events are more challenging and require an elevated level of professionalism.
The success of the CSEP program is dependent upon the exceptional performance of dedicated event professionals. Obtaining the CSEP designation not only sets recipients apart from the competition, but displays an ongoing commitment to professional growth and knowledge within the special events industry.
When you attain Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP), you:
- Commit to your profession
- Separate yourself from the competition
- Enhance your professional credibility
- Provide proof of your expertise
What do those four letters after your name mean?
When it’s time to do your taxes you probably feel more comfortable bringing your business to a CPA. You wouldn’t think about making a medical appointment with someone other than an MD or some kind of medical specialist. And you wouldn’t trust your legal fate with someone who has not earned their JD. In each case, an individual has met standards and fulfilled requirements to achieve their degree or certification. Neither is easy to attain. They all take a lot of hard work, dedication, time and most of all commitment. So does the CSEP, the Certified Special Events Professional. Here are some reasons you should consider achieving the CSEP.
- Certification demonstrates your commitment to the special events industry. Whether you are a CEO, department director or newcomer to the special events profession, receiving your CSEP shows your peers, clients, and the public your commitment to your career and your ability to perform to set standards.
- CSEP enhances your professional image. The CSEP program seeks to grow, promote and develop certified professionals who can stand “out in front” as examples of excellence.
- CSEP establishes professional credentials. Because the CSEP recognizes your individual accomplishments, it stands above your resume, serving as an impartial, third-party endorsement to your knowledge and experience. The designation defines you beyond your job description or academic degree. You can help control your professional destiny.
- CSEP improves career opportunities. Certification identifies you as one who can adapt to changes in work, technology, business practices and innovation. It gives you the edge.
- Certification improves your knowledge and skills. Achieving your CSEP shows your competence by confirming proficiency and career involvement, thus assuring knowledge.
- CSEP offers greater recognition from peers. As a CSEP, you can expect increased recognition from peers for taking that extra step in your professional development.
The CSEP designation offers a competitive advantage when soliciting business as either a special events industry supplier or planner. You have proof of your professional market knowledge.
CSEP Professional Advantages
Special event professionals who earn the CSEP designation show their overall dedication to the profession and their continued commitment to excellence by maintaining their CSEP status.
Benefits of the CSEP Designation
- Competitive Marketing Advantage: the CSEP designation indicates expertise in execution of a successful special event
- Professional Development: preparation for the CSEP exam increases knowledge of all aspects of the special events industry
- Networking Opportunities: CSEPs are eligible to participate in an annual review of the exam content in addition to becoming part of an elite group that shares this designation
- Recognition: a certificate of achievement is provided along with authority to use the CSEP designation on letterhead, business cards as well as forms and address
- Increased exposure: CSEPs are listed on www.ileahub.com.
For more information & registration about CSEP please click here.